Solo and small-firm attorneys have heavy demands on their schedules:
- Running ragged from one hearing to another, pressed for time;
- Finally getting back to your office, only to deal with the phone messages and e-mails that have piled up while you were appearing in court;
- Facts and circumstances temporarily impose unexpected time pressures that cannot be met without straining yourself and your resources to the limit, but the temporary busy period does not justify taking on full-time help, leading to stress and burnout;
- Work and personal life can suffer as you try to juggle everything;
- Workflow becomes uneven due to constantly “putting out fires”;
- The uneven workflow makes it impractical and expensive to hire full-time assistance, but you cannot keep up with the heavy workflow without sacrificing quality of life or quality of your work product.
Alternatively, you love certain aspects of your practice but dislike other tasks or miss certain opportunities because you lack sufficient time or expertise:
- You love trying cases and conducting depositions or negotiating settlements but dislike drafting pleadings, briefs, trial memoranda, settlement agreements, discovery demands and responses, etc.;
- You are a trial attorney who loses out on appellate opportunities because you either feel unqualified to handle the appeal or cannot devote sufficient time to an appeal because of the demands of your trial practice;
- You enjoy arguing cases and points of law but lack the expertise or resources to efficiently conduct legal research.
Rather than choosing to turn away work, taking on the overhead associated with an employee or subscription research service that must be paid even when the work slows down, or sacrificing your own health and quality of life, let On Demand Associate help you:
- Get access to an expert researcher and writer with experience in over 80 jurisdictions (state, federal, and administrative agencies) and who has worked directly on over 1500 appeals and 150 trial matters involving over 1000 different legal issues;
- Get access to a nationwide legal research database that expands your volume of available authority and arms you with persuasive authority to augment your on-point authority;
- Increase productivity by utilizing our focus on research and writing allows to draft documents and conduct legal research at peak efficiency;
- Leverage our expertise to increase the skills and services you offer your clients while increasing your overhead only slightly and only when needed;
- Enhance your bottom line by taking on more work, keeping work (like appeals) that previously left your office, and by billing the work we perform for a profit, just as you would with a full-time associate.
Currently, the ABA and all bar associations that have addressed the issue (except Texas) have determined that a law firm may make a profit from work performed by a freelance lawyer so long as the total charges to the underlying client are reasonable.
We offer a FREE consultation regarding your matter and develop a plan of action that provides you with the most value for your budget and needs. After the FREE consultation, you will receive a detailed Project Scope Form that outlines the project, the precise work to be performed, and the scheduled delivery date. You will also receive a precise estimate of the costs involved so you know beforehand th investment required to achieve your goals.